Howto DFU mode/Recover your iPhone/iPod
This is a question i hear a lot.
First of all, why do you need the DFU mode?
Dfu stands for Download Firmware Update and you need this to recover your iPhone or iPod touch.
Her’s a quick guide.
1) Start your iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your mac/pc.
4) If you see the iTunes icon and cable on your iPhone, your device is not in DFU mode, but in recovery mode. Your device’s screen will be black when you are in DFU mode. I always have to try this several times so succeed.
5) Connect your device back to your Pc/Mac and press SHIFT+CLICK (pc) or COMMAND+ CLICK on the restore button.
6) Select the firmware version you’d like to install 1.1.4 (you can find it on our firmware page).
7) Wait for a couple of minutes and your iPhone/iPod will be as new.
Oh, and one more thing, if you need to purchase an iPhone, head over to Smarthphoe Genie, who include reviews and cheap deals for the iPhone 4 and 4SGoogle+