Apple released iOS 7.0.6 yesterday which includes a patch for SSL connection verification. The Evasi0n7 jailbreaking tool didn’t support the new beta so evad3rs released an updated version of evasi0n7 that includes support for iOS 7.0.6.
You can download the jailbreak tool here and make sure you read the requirements and notes below.
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.7 minimum)
- iTunes installed if you’re running Windows
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.6 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
- Warning! Over The Air updates of iOS 7 are known to create an issue and make the jailbreak fail. Some devices are then stuck on the Apple Boot Logo. Until we fix that, please restore your device to 7.0.x with iTunes first.
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8/10.9 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
- Some Cydia tweaks are not yet compatible with iOS 7. The situation will improve as developers will update their software.