After the iPhone 5 Media Event, attendees could get their hands on the new iPhone 5 to feel how light, thin and strong the new iPhone 5 is. A lot of attendees took some nice photos to share with us as you can see above. Macrumors created a roundup of early impressions by the big blog companies such as TechCrunch and Telegraph.co.uk. Check out after the break to find out what they are saying about the new iPhone 5, including more photos and videos.
– “Build quality is quite nice and the solid aluminum is quite unique and quite solid. Hopefully this will reduce some damage if it falls on a hard surface.”
– “The biggest change, literally, is the larger screen. Here, I’m thankful that Apple opted not to go wider. Samsung’s Galaxy S3 is too big for my taste and I think Apple is right to say that the width of the iPhone is right for the average hand.”
– “Gripping it, your thumb is able to navigate the full length of the display without stretching, just as promised, and while it’s undoubtedly a light handset it doesn’t feel delicate.”
– “Much like the speed increases between the iPhone 4 and 4S (and before that, the iPhone 3G vs. iPhone 3GS), they won’t take you by storm right away. But, use it for half an hour and you’ll have a hard time going back to a slower chip. The transitions are smoother, switching between apps is a bit quicker and everything just generally feels incrementally faster.”
– “The phone feels very thin and light (obviously), and the improvement in performance is very noticeable compared to the 4S.”
[Thanks to macrumors who collected this roundup from the blogs]