FireCore announced that they are happy to release a new versions of Seas0nPass and aTV Flash (black) that are compatible with latest 5.0 (iOS 5.1) software running on the ATV2. “A ton of work has gone into getting everything updated, and a huge thanks go out to Brandon Holland (@640774n6) and Dustin Howett (@DHowett) who both contributed immensely in adding support for 5.0.”
What’s new in the 5.0 AppleTV software? Should I update?
- New interface: – Fast, visual access to all content choices
- Movie purchases in iCloud: Support for buying movies on Apple TV and playing back purchased movies from iCloud
- Genius Recommendations: Recommendations for content on the iTunes Store based on previous rentals and purchases
- Screensaver photos: New National Geographic photos built-in for screensaver
- On-device sign-up: On-device sign up for content partners on Apple TV using your Apple ID
Updating to the new 5.0 software is not required, and all aTV Flash (black) features will continue to be supported on AppleTV versions 4.2 and later.