The new Adobe Photoshop Touch app lets you quickly combine images, apply professional effects, share the results with friends and family through social networking sites like Facebook, and more — all from the convenience of your tablet. Initially available for Android. The launch is believed to have been a mistake and is expected to officially launch on Monday for $9.99 in the U.S. It will be compatible with the iPad 2 only.
Features listed include:
– Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
– Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
– Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
– Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
– Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
– Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
– Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
– Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5.
– Maximum image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels