Hands-Free Control provides a continuous listening service on your device to activate voice functions, even while in sleep mode. When you speak the keyword, Siri (on the iPhone 4S or via Spire on other devices) or Voice Control will be activated without pressing any buttons, and then wait for further voice input. Normally you have to press and hold the home button for several seconds to activate these voice functions, but now with this app these features are completely hands-free! Just speak the keyword! The service also works with headphones and bluetooth headsets.
Hands-Free Control v3.0 comes with the following changes:
- Now with Themes! Including Trekkie! Siri can now respond with Trekkie sounds and more! Go to “Theme” in settings!
- Audio engine and daemon redesigned = Much more stable and much better performance!
- Many optimizations to dramatically increase battery life from prior releases!
- Added automatic audio detection and selection for playing audio and video to optimize battery life and performance.
- Added “A/C Power Only” toggle.
- The Hands-Free Control toggle now works with Activator and AssistantExtensions without SBSettings installed, for those who do not use SBSettings.
- Now works with 3rd party apps such as Tweetbot and custom UI sounds.
- Updated system sounds patch.
- Fixed frequent bluetooth disconnection issues.
- Fixed crash bug with some bluetooth headsets.
- Allows listening to ipod music via non-stereo bluetooth headsets.
- Fixed a system vibration bug.
- Fixed lock/unlock sound volume levels.
NOTE: Because Hands-Free Control runs continuously in the background noticeable battery usage is to be expected while enabled.
Hands-Free Control is available for $2.99 in Cydia Store via BigBoss repo.