Better late then never I guess. With the new iPhone firmware on the way and a release date somewhere near September 17th, it’s time to take a look at the new features. Like I said, better late then never.
There are people who don’t know what changes will come with the new firmware so for them this is a nice overview. For the people who already know everything about this 3.1 version, just pretend you’ve never seen this list before ;).
- Video editing on iPhone 3GS wont overwrite the clip over the original when you are editing a clip.
- iPhone will now vibrate whenever you switch to the mode where you can move and arrange icons on the iPhone home screen.
- “Fraud Protection” toggle has been added to settings under Safari.
- iPhone boot time is now faster.
- Voice Control over Bluetooth.
- New APIs to enable third party apps to access videos and edit them.* Updated AT&T profile to 4.2
- Updated modem firmware to 5.08.01
- Improvements to OpenGL and Quartz.
If you know more, please feel free to tell us in a comment.