One of the most requested application for the iPhone3G must be turn-by-turn navigation GPS software. After several rumors of TomTom and other such software suppliers we finally have a solution coming out later this month. The company XRoad is finishing their G-Map application and should release it later this month via the app store. The application works by downloading the maps from internet and this takes about 20 to 30 minutes. After you have downloaded the maps you can stick your iPhone to your car window and you’re ready to go. The price isn’t yet known but i expect it not to be cheap.
- Stand-alone electronic map that needs no internet connection
- Unfettered location search in the mountains, on the ocean, or the middle of nowhere, even when on the move
- Large-capacity map data enables easy search of desired location and route
- Real 3D View of intricate major intersections and highway junctions
- Smart location search powered by a search engine similar to internet search engines, using keyword search
- Detailed information on restaurants, hotels, and leisure destinations provided with Premium POI
- POI editing and memo capability for personalized POI
- Route preview provides optimal route to destination
- Search by phone number and latitude/longitude
- Phone number dial by POI (for iPhone)
G-Map for Europe, Central/South America, Asia and other countries and regions will be available by the end of the year.
The price of each application can be confirmed once they have been officially put up in the App store.
The indicated size for free space for installation is an estimated figure, and is subject to change.