Nicolas Economou from CoreSecurity Technologies released a iPhone debugger toolkit. The toolkit exist off 3 main functions. A iPhone Debugger, A Library Loader patcher that will allow to debug iPhone libraries and the ability to build a tunnel from your PC to your iPhone via USB.
The most intersting part for power users is the tunnel application. Normally we interact with the iPhone system via ssh over a WiFi connection. The Tunnel application let’s us now connect to our iPhone or iPod touch via usb cable. The tunnel application works by patching the iTunesMobileDevice.dll to accept hook commands. The full way to get this working is explained in detail on the website of CoreSecurity Technologies.
- iPhone firmware v1.1.4, should work on earlier firmware versions (drop a line if positive).
- Some iPhone Console application (local Term-vt100, remote OpenSSH via WiFi or remote OpenSSH via USB).
- (for the tunnel only) iTunes on a Windows XP installed and service Apple Mobile Device ( AppleMobileDeviceService.exe ) running. DLL iTunesMobileDevice.dll must be on the same folder that iphone_tunnel.exe.
Binaries and Source Code
- iphonedbg – stable release (1.01), zip file.
- dyld_patcher – stable release (1.01), zip file.
- iphone_tunnel – stable release (1.01), zip file.
- iPhone Debugger Documentation.
- Library Loader Patcher Documentation.
- iPhone TCP Connection Through USB Documentation.
I’ll probably write a howto guide on the Tunnel application. Let me know if you would like to have this :)