UPDATE: Version 02B has been released and it fixes most of the problems.
I don’t know if i should post this or not, but as i think i should review almost everything that comes out, i will do it.
Islsk 1.0b is the first native P2P iphone/ipod native Soulseek client. Although it’s still in beta, it does work pretty well.
I’ve been trying to get this client to work for the last 2 hours so I must warn you that for a lot of people this app doesn’t work standard out of the box, you will need to do some ssh’ing and hacking to your iPhone. But i’ll guide you the whole way.
2) Let’s run the app and have a look.
After this you will be asked to enter your account or create one. Just entering a username and password will automatically create a account for you.
3) Let’s go search a song. Tap the file search button. Enter a song that you’d like to have and wait for the list to populate. Chose a song and then you can watch the Transfer. After your transfer has completed, you can go to downloads and move the song to your iPod music partition.
However most of you will receive a big error message !!
Your Firewire GUID couldn’t be recognized and therefore music importing will not be available.
To solve this issue, you will need to do some hacking.
To learn how to connect to your iPhone and or iPod touch see this post.
Log in to your iPhone or iPod touch with SSH (Putty) and do the following:
1) check if you have “ioreg” binary in /usr/bin/ directory
2) If not download it from here and upload it to /usr/bin
2) Connect with putty to your iPhone and run the following commands (copy & paste )
3) chmod 755 /usr/bin/ioreg
4) chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/
5) chown mobile:mobile /Applications/iSlsk.app/*
6) Download libncurses.5.dylib from here and upload only libncurses.5.dylib to /usr/lib
7) chmod 777 /usr/lib/lib*
EXTRA STEPS TO EXECUTE IN PUTTY !! IT SEEMS THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE STILL HAVING ISSUES !!
8) mkdir /var/root/Media/Downloads (if it already exists it’s ok)
9) chmod 777 /var/root/Media/Downloads/
This last one should fix your itunes import problem.(credit goes to Edward from Touch Podium)
10) ln -s /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control /private/var/root/Media
IF you still can’t get it to work i suggest waiting for the next release.
The full changelog for version islsk02b :
- Fixed the FirewireGUID error
- Fixed the import crash error
- Fixed â€œTransfer failedâ€ error when trying to download an entire folder, or several files from the same user
- Bugfix when trying to import songs, where some of them werent imported and when trying again they appeared twice on music library.
- Added a donation reminder so nobody forgets about supporting iSlskÂ Â !
- Other minor bugfixes
- After songs are imported, Artists sorting on music library gets messed up, moving artist names under the next letter. I guess most people can live with that (until I find the solution)
- When first installed, downloaded songs *may* not appear on your downoads section. Once I restarted iSlsk, everything went fine, and downloads were there. Give me some more time to see why does this happens.
Thanks to the original creator Errrick who’s website you can consult here.
This little app is available in the Installer.app through the BigBoss packaging source, see our sources page.