My first tutorial for iPhonefreakz. Today weâ€™re going to show you how to set the interval of automatic server checking from 15 minutes to 1 minute!
– jailbroken iPhone :)
– IMAP account (Google’s the best)
– OpenSSH installed on your phone
– WinSCP installed on your computer
So, letâ€™s begin:
– Connect your iPhone to your access point via Wi-Fi
– make sure your computer is in the same network
– Open WinSCP and connect it to your iPhone
– to do so type in the IP of your iPhone within your network, starting with 168.192â€¦, login: root and your password (alpine or dutty)
– after clicking Login you have to wait about 30 seconds if you use OpenSSH for the first time
– if this message appears just relax and keep waiting, itâ€™s all fine! :)
– finally you should have access to your iPhonesâ€™ files
– if you are running 1.1.3 or newer copy this file to your computer:
– if your iPhone is running an older version you should copy this file:
– Now switch over to this nice webpage >>click<<
– do you see the AutofetchInterval Key? Just change 15 to another integer like 1(=1 minute)
– save the file and send it to your iPhone via WinSCP
– Congratulation! Youâ€™re iPhone will now check your email every minute!
Note! If you go into Settings/Mail/Auto-Check in your iPhone, your iPhone willreset the interval to 15 minutes and you have to redo everything!
Leave a comment if you like this tutorial!