How do you change the slide to unlock txt and power off txt on your iPhone/ Ipod touch.
If you still have firmware lower than 1.1.3, you can use the Customize app in the installer.
However as customize2.0 is still in beta, we have to do this another way :)
But have no fear i’m here to help you.
1) First of all open make a connection to your iPhone or iPod Touch with FUGU or WinSCP app (for a howto of this go here .
For completeness the username and password are
2) Navigate to the folder /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/English.lproj on your iPhone/iPod Touch. (if you’re iphone is set to another language, change the English.lproj to your language)
3) Copy the file SpringBoard.strings over to your desktop.
4) As the file is in Binary mode, we need to convert it before editing to XML format.
You can do this on thissite.
After the conversion, the file will be downloaded again to your desktop.
5) Open the file with Notepad or any TXT editor.
5) Search for
6) Change the Slide to unlock to anything you want eg. Slide me Master. :)
So you have
7) Repeat the above procedure to change the slide to power off.
8) Upload the file back to your iPhone/iPod Touch.
9) Reboot your iPhone/iPod Touch
10) After the reboot the changes will be visible.
Ps: The file SpringBoard.strings has a ton of other settings you can change, just check it, but be sure to make a backup first on your iPhone of the original file, so you can always go back !!