The iPhone is a great device, however, it can be improved. Like the vibrate function is really short.
I will explain how you can make it last +- 5 seconds.
Here we go.
First if you’re a windows user, download WinScp from here.
If you’re a mac user, please use Fugu, you can find it here.
I will show you the screens from windows as i no longer have a mac. (for now)
1) Make sure you’re Wi-Fi connection is on.
2) Let’s find out what our ip address is.Go to the settings, then go to Wi-Fi, then select the network where you’re connected, and check the ipaddress.
3) Start Winscp. Fill in your ip address, and as username= root and password=alpine. Normally your iPhone password will always be alpine untill you change it!
4) Browse to the folder /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework/
5) Download the file SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist.
5) Locate the downloaded file and browse to thefollowing site. Where you can convert the Plist from binary to XML.
6)Upload the file and press convert. After the conversion the file will be downloaded back to your pc.
7) Open the converted SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist with notepad or any text-editor.
8) Change the [real]0.40000000000000002[/real] value to any value you want. In my case it changed it to :
9) Upload your modified file back to your iPhone and voila … your phone will vibrate as long as you have set it.
Happy vibrating with your phone :)